University College Registrar/ SecretaryNovember 5, 2021 2021-11-08 12:21
University College Registrar/ Secretary
University College Registrar/ Secretary
University College Registrar/ Secretary
Department: Registrar Office
Reports to: College Administrator
Weekly working hours: 40 hr/wk
Location: Canadian Institute of Technology, Xhanfize Keko Street, No. 12, Tirana, Albania.
Job Description Summary
The Canadian Institute of Technology Registrar should be detail-oriented, effective, and experienced. They should perform their routine processes and duties and participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs student’s enrollments in all stages of studies, according the criteria of law and Statute of the institution and makes verifications during the enrollment process (transcripts and admissions documentation).
- Registers transferred students accepts their documents according the criteria and files them.
- Administers the grade reports of exams results and compiles a complete list of results for each student.
- Prepares the transcripts.
- Prepares declarations and other documents required by students
- Prepares reports, statistics and other information as required.
- Archives graduated students’ files.
- Submits the diploma to the graduated students and registers them according the law.
- Prepares templates for supplements and other documents attached to the diplomas.
- Administers the database of the course and for eventual inaccuracies notifies the respective Head of Departments and Deans.
- Administers the registers and fills them at the end of each exam season.
- Promulgates the teaching load, practices, consultations, exams and other eventual notifications and monitors their implementation.
- Oversees the process of enrollment and degree verification.
- Maintains accurate paper and electronic student files and official documentation.
- Builds and maintains student course/program schedules.
- Prepares the teaching load in collaboration with Deans.
- Develops and publishes the schedule of classes and final exam schedule.
- Monitors the faculties secretaries and helps them manage their work.
- Manages the reception’s performance concerning student’s reception and solving eventual problems.
- Participates in the scholarships Committee.
- Manages student admissions and academic records.
- Manages the credential application and awarding process of degrees, diplomas and certificates.
- Provides data in support of day-to-day operations as well as data analysis in support of academic and administrative decisions.
- Collaborates with faculty and academic administration to provide assistance with records procedures and processes.
- Facilitates communications and relationships between administrative and academic units.
- Facilitate academic registration, course scheduling, classroom scheduling, degree and honors awarding.
- Maintains compliance with all applicable, state and institutional laws and guidelines.
- Assists in development of strategies to design and implement practices that continue to improve the Office’s ability to meet the needs of students, faculty, staff, and other in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develops, interprets and ensures compliance with University College policy related to function.
- Responds to externally mandated local, state, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures integrity, accuracy and confidentiality for all current and former student and academic records.
- Coordinates development and enhancement of student information service support systems in coordination with faculty departments.
- Works closely with academic and administrative areas of the University College to provide support processes/functions necessary to maintain an excellent standard of services related to student record for students, faculty, staff, Supports the academic services and functions of the college in cooperation with the college faculty and administration.
- Provide customer service to all students, staff, and faculty; provide guidance on academic plans, degree audits, degree requirements, and transfer credit.
- Proactively solve problems in developing new and unique ways to go beyond customary or adequate approaches to completing tasks, providing customer service, and achieving objectives.
- Uses ongoing process improvement methodologies to review and improve.
- Supports the faculty by typing, reviewing, and/or editing correspondence and other documents.
- Assists in preparation, copying, and collating of various class assignments, exams, articles, handbooks, correspondence, and other documents as requested.
- Provides support for various faculty projects including, but not limited to, compliance and reporting as assigned.
- Coordinates the ordering of textbooks for classes each semester.
- Engages internal and external audiences via telephone, email, and other modes of communication.
- Train and supervise staff committed to excellence.
- Ensures effective and efficient processes to support service and enrollment goals.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned also completes other tasks as requested.
– Knowledge of norms, rules and customs of institution,
– Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations, – Is efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations, -Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that include evenings and weekends,
-Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English,
-Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately,
-Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication, -Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed when required, -Strong personal accountability and attention to detail, -Commitment to delivery of quality service to students, faculty, and staff, -A strong sense of compassion and concern, while respecting privacy and engaging users through active listening, -Ability to adjust positively to situations involving rapidly changing tasks, shifting priorities, simultaneous demands, or transition to different assignments,
-Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required,
-Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work,
-Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary,
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals,
– Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings,
- Academic degree /grade or equivalent from an accredited higher education institution,
- Very good communication skills and ethical behavior,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word etc.,
- Strong knowledge of general office and records management procedures in addition to experience with on-line databases to capture student records applications is essential,
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks in a fast paced, professional office environment,
- Preferred previous experience in higher education in similar position, exercising academic supporting tasks, students’ services, other clerical support etc.,
- English and Albanian are the working languages of the institution. Fluency in English is required for this position,
- Excellent communication, planning, and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to effectively train and manage staff,
- Technologically proficient, encouraging continual review of office procedures and processes,
Normal work schedule: The normal work schedule follows student’s presence in the in institution. Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with a lunch break from 12.00 to 12.30, however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The application will be open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format at email@example.com, witting on the subject their name and the position they are applying for:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- List of at least 2 professional references (names and contact information)
- An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process.